Questions are intended to obtain information or press for action on matters that are the Government's responsibility.
- be about something for which a minister is responsible
- be based on fact, not speculation
- use neutral language and not contain unnecessary information
Questions must not:
- ask for information which is readily available
- refer to a case that is active in the UK courts (known as ‘sub judice')
The Table Office edits questions to make them conform to the rules under the Speaker’s authority. Where this is not possible, the Table Office will contact you to discuss the question. The Speaker is the final authority on the admissibility of questions.
Contact an expert
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extension: 3302
- Email: email@example.com
- Extension: 7333